The ground floor living area provides an extremely comfortable and functional space for 10 people. Entertainment is provided by two 50" HDTVs, with a fantastic woodburner to the main reception room. Comfortable sofas and armchairs provide relaxing seating. For meal times there is a large wooden table in the dining room together with a cosy 'lookout' seating area that overlooks the mill weir. There is a fully equipped Kitchen with AGA, additional induction hob, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster , coffee machine and kettle. The space is also practical with plenty of coat hooks and boot rack, waste bin and recycling containers in the utility area.
Upstairs there are very comfortable Vi-Spring beds with crisp white cotton bedding. There are 4 very large bedrooms that all have beautiful views over the river and countryside beyond. On the first floor there is a double bedroom and a triple bedroom and a family bathroom. On the second floor there is a double bedroom, triple bedroom and very large landing which is great for those that are looking for a quiet place to chill out. All rooms have a minimalist feel and are finished with hand-made linen roman blinds.
Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed
Bedroom 2 - double bed and single bed
Bedroom 3 - kingsize bed
Bedroom 4 - double bed and single bed
Bathroom, Shower-room and facilities
The mid-floor bathroom is very large with the usual toilet, washbasin and large free-standing teardrop bath.
Downstairs there is a modern wet-room with large shower area.
For convenience there is a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, ironing board and hairdrier.
There is a fantastic (120m2) patio in-between the mill-house and the river and over 3/4 acre of gardens that include river fishing rights, an island and a large lawn.
The Mill House has walls that are 3 feet thick in places and well insulated.
As part of its refurbishment, underfloor heating was fitted to the shower-room downstairs and efficient radiators everywhere else. There are fully automatic heating circuits that ensure the 3 floors of the Mill House are warm and toasty when required but not oppressively so overnight. The kitchen is heated by the Aga.
Whilst this is a great space, the staircases (without stairgates and with wide gaps between stanchions), relatively steep access to the main entrance door and close proximity to large riverside walls and fast-flowing river would present particular challenges to those with mobility problems and potentially for families with small children. But please feel free to contact us to clarify any potential issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s your address?
- Mill House, Midford, Bath, BA2 7DE.
Are you easy to find?
- SATNAV will get you close and its easy to spot the Mill House from the Main Road
How can we book?
- Please book directly. You can check availability, apply discounts, book immediately and pay by credit card all from this website. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have a question.
Do you give discounts?
- Please like our Facebook page and follow us to get details of any offers. Feel free to enquire about discounts – we are always keen to see returning guests that look after the Mill House!
Are the duvets natural or synthetic?
- The duvets and pillows on the bed are feather and down. Alternatives (ie synthetic) are available by prior request.
Can we smoke at the property?
- We do not permit smoking inside – but guests are welcome to smoke outside.
Can we use the woodburner?
- Yes please do. The woodburner is fantastic – it changes the whole feel of the room in the evening. We provide firelighters, kindling and logs. It is easy to start and keep going. Do not worry about cleaning out the woodburner between fires – just sweep the small amount of ash to one side if required.
Can we use the Washer and Dryer?
- Yes. There is detergent next to the machine.
Do we need to clean before we leave?
- We ask that you don’t wear outdoor shoes upstairs during your stay and that you treat the Mill House with care and respect. We would really appreciate you leaving things in the same place that you found them with dirty towels in the bath and crockery etc cleaned and put away or in the dishwasher.
Do you have Sky?
- No but we have a great HD Freeview with all normal channels + catch up TV (iplayer etc).
Do you provide breakfast or other meals?
- No. We will provide tea and coffee (please bring milk if required). The kitchen is great and fully equipped. For those special nights in we are able to recommend catering companies that are happy to visit the Mill.
How far from the centre of Bath are you?
- We are 4miles from Bath Spa Train Station which is 10 minutes by car or bus.
Is the Mill House warm?
- Yes. The Mill House has full central heating, the Aga is on for the duration of your stay and there is a wood burner in the main reception room – in short it’s toasty!
Is the equipment in the house easy to use?
- All of the equipment is relatively new, modern and intuitive – you shouldn’t have any problems – but we can help if you do have a problem – just ask/call if you are unsure.
Is there free Wifi?
- Yes and the speed is approx. 8MB/sec.
What appliances are available?
- The property is equipped with a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, Aga oven, induction hob. There is also a kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine and microwave oven.
What do we need to bring?
- Bedding and towels are provided. You will need to bring toiletries.
Who should I call if I have a problem?
- We live in Bath close to the Mill House – please feel free to call us if we have a problem. If we are in we will pop round – if we are out we can arrange help very quickly should the need arise.
Will we be charged for breakages?
- Please let us know of any breakages that need replacing or carpet stains we need to address – normally we will not charge for accidental breakage of a plate etc – but our insurance does not cover significant damage and we would need to pass on any cost incurred.